Refund and Return Policy
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations & Refunds: If you wish to cancel an order, you may do so within the first 24 hours, free of charge.
Cancellations (Before Order Ships Out)
If you need to cancel an order, please contact us within the first 24 hours of placing your order at 347-629-2655 or email support@ thehomeupgrade.com. After the 24-hour timeframe, orders can be canceled only incurring a 15% cancellation fee.
After 24 hours, orders are processed and considered in transit and can not be changed or canceled. Once an order is in transit and or delivered, placing a chargeback with your credit card, bank or any other payment method would be and is considered theft of product/funds and will be prosecuted within the United States criminal law.
Cancellation of Custom Orders:
Custom or made-to-order products CANNOT be canceled or refunded. These units are created specifically and are created the moment you place the order. Once the team starts building your unit, your warranty will guarantee you a fully functional and operational product. If you are not clear if you have ordered a custom-made product, please call us or send us an email.
All sales of custom-made and made-to-order products are final.
Refunds and Returns
If you need to exchange your product, you may do so within 30 days (unless specified otherwise). However, as the customer, you are responsible for any shipping costs associated with the return or exchange process. Please note that not all orders are eligible for return once they have shipped, as we order our products directly from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer does not permit us to return a product, we cannot offer you a return. This varies on a case-by-case basis, so please contact us if you have any questions about your specific product.
Due to the increasing costs of LTL/freight shipping, outright returns will incur a 25% restocking fee plus return shipping costs. However, if you are replacing the product with something else, we may be able to help you cover some of the costs, depending on the product.
We do our best to get your order to you as soon as possible. However, please note that estimated shipping times provided on our product pages are based on information from our suppliers and freight companies, and these times may change or vary without notice due to factors such as supply chain issues, delays in manufacturing or shipping, overwhelming demand, and issues with factory/warehouse and dock workers.
We understand that order delays can be frustrating, but please be patient and understanding with us during these challenging times. We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience.
When you make a purchase from The Home Upgrade, you are acknowledging the following terms of the Exchange Agreement:
- You must inspect the package upon delivery and notate and take pictures of any damage, and provide it to The Home Upgrade within 24 hours of the product being delivered.
- You are responsible for the cost of return shipping and the cost of shipping for a new product in the case of a refund or exchange.
- Products must be returned unopened and unused, and an additional restocking fee may apply.
- If your order has left the warehouse, you are unable to receive a full refund.
- If you return your order once it has shipped, you will be responsible for paying any return shipping fees and restocking fees, which vary by product but are usually around 20%.
- Shipping date estimates outlined on product pages are estimates and may change due to factors outside the control of The Home Upgrade.
Please take a moment to review the following information before making a purchase from The Home Upgrade. By completing a purchase, you are agreeing to the terms outlined below in our Exchange Agreement.
Upon delivery, please inspect your package thoroughly and note any damages that you observe. It is essential to take pictures of any damage and report it to The Home Upgrade within 24 hours of delivery.
When receiving your order please visually inspect your shipment for any damages or shortages prior to signing your delivery receipt.
If you discover damage or a shortage, here are the steps that need to be taken:
- YOU MUST Note the damage or shortage on the Driver's Copy of the Delivery Receipt
- Take Detailed Photos of the pallet upon delivery. Take images of it on the freight truck. Take images of ANY damage, individual images for each damaged piece of equipment
- Notify Home Upgrade team (email@example.com) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If not noted within 48hrs your claim may be denied by the freight company.
- In order to receive any refund or replacement, all damages to materials must be noted on the customer’s receipt at the time of delivery.
- Customers MUST provide images of the damage and of a signed/notated delivery receipt provided by the driver at the time of delivery and MUST email these photos to Signature Solar within 3 days of delivery in order to be considered for a freight claim.
- Any damages found without notation upon delivery may be refused by the shipper.
If your item(s) arrive damaged, please report the damage to The Home Upgrade immediately by sending photos of the damage, box, and SKU along with a brief description of the damage to support@ thehomeupgrade.com. Any punctures or visible signs of exterior damage must be reported within 24 hours.
Please check individual product pages for warranty information, as warranties may vary by manufacturer. Note that damage that occurs over time or from use is not covered by warranty. If an item was damaged upon arrival and not reported within 30 days, that is not a warranty claim.
Please be aware that if you return a product, you will be responsible for both the cost of return shipping and the cost of shipping for any new products exchanged or refunded. Additionally, any returned product must be unused and unopened, and an additional restocking fee may apply.
If your order has left the warehouse, it is not possible to receive a full refund. If you choose to return an item once it has shipped, you will be responsible for any associated return shipping fees and restocking fees. Please note that shipping estimates are estimates only and may be subject to change due to factors beyond our control.
By default, customers are responsible for all return shipping charges or reconsignment fees caused by customer error, unless otherwise stated on the product page. Most products have guarantee warranty policies, meaning you will receive a fully functional product without additional expenses. Please check individual product pages for details.
If you participate in a BOGO (Buy One, Get One) promotion, both items must be returned for a full refund. If you return only one item, you will receive a replacement for that item or store credit for its value when purchased alone. If your order has shipped, you may be responsible for return shipping charges and a restocking fee, depending on the manufacturer. Refunds will be issued only to the original credit card used for the purchase.
Please be aware that individual items may have varying refund and return policies depending on the manufacturer. If you have any questions, please contact support@ thehomeupgrade.com
We believe our policies are fair and responsive to our customers' needs. If you encounter any issues with your purchase, please contact us for assistance. We ask that you not file chargebacks for issues we can resolve. Customers who file fraudulent chargebacks will be held criminally liable for theft.